Please Help me!!!!

bbr4

hi...i hav a database which is password protected when u want to open the file. how do i restrict other people from editing/deleting the data. like whe people create a query and search results...how do i prevent them from changing details.

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
On 2003-02-05 08:00, bbr4 wrote:
hi...i hav a database which is password protected when u want to open the file. how do i restrict other people from editing/deleting the data. like whe people create a query and search results...how do i prevent them from changing details.

Hi, I dont know much about security in Access. So yo be clear you still want users to be able to do their own queries but not to update/change records?

I tend to hide the database window and create all the queries/forms/reports myself so nobody mucks around with them. It all depends on the knowledge/trust of the users.

Look under tools=security and see what User and Group Permissions and userLevel security wizard can give you.

Upvote 0
On 2003-02-05 08:00, bbr4 wrote:

Hi bbr4

Now I not positive and one of the members here can correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe you can do this...

When you have double clicked on microsoft access and the screen opens before you and you click on the open folder to open the database ...when that open screen is in front of you and you chose the mdb that you want you you will see the open button on the right hand side click on the arrow beside the open button...you'll see options for you can choose with the database you open...You'll see open,open read-only,open exclusive, open exclusive read-only....This allows users to look but not to change any info...now you want them to change info or add info then click open.....

Have a great day and I hope this helps

gemini32

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcobe

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back