Please help. Macro for creating a specific number of sheets

alelea91

Hi.

I need to create a large amount of sheets in Excel. Please help me by posting a macro that can do this. I would like to be able to type the quantity of sheets, and I would like for them to be automatically named in ascending order: "1", "2", "3", "4" etc.

I would really appreciate any help!!! Thank you so much!

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Welcome to the Board!

Here's something I use to create copies of an existing sheet. You should be able to adjust the loop to name the sheets instead of the Input Box. Note that there's no error handling in case a sheet already exists, but it can be added easily.

<font face=Calibri><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Public</SPAN> ws <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Worksheet<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Public</SPAN> i <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Long</SPAN><br><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> CopySheetXTimes()<br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> NewName <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">String</SPAN><br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> x <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Long</SPAN><br>    <br>        i = Application.InputBox("How many copies do you want?", "Number of Copies?", Type:=1)<br>        <br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> ws = ActiveSheet<br>        <br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">For</SPAN> x = 1 <SPAN style="color:#00007F">To</SPAN> i<br>            ws.Copy After:=Sheets(Sheets.Count)<br>                    NewName = InputBox("Enter the new sheet name", "New Sheet Name")<br>            ActiveSheet.Name = NewName<br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Next</SPAN> x<br>        <br>        ws.Activate<br>        <br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN></FONT>

HTH.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Board!

Here's something I use to create copies of an existing sheet. You should be able to adjust the loop to name the sheets instead of the Input Box. Note that there's no error handling in case a sheet already exists, but it can be added easily.

Public ws As Worksheet
Public i As Long

Sub CopySheetXTimes()
****Dim NewName As String
****Dim x As Long
********i = Application.InputBox("How many copies do you want?", "Number of Copies?", Type:=1)
********Set ws = ActiveSheet
********For x = 1 To i
************ws.Copy After:=Sheets(Sheets.Count)
********************NewName = InputBox("Enter the new sheet name", "New Sheet Name")
************ActiveSheet.Name = NewName
********Next x
********ws.Activate
End Sub

HTH.

That was so helpful. Thank you so much!!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back