Please help-have no clue - two major problems -related?

jsonne

:oops: :oops: :oops: Please all of you have been great in the past but I am ready to jump off cliff - can someone help? :cry:

1. Under Forms - Contacts I keep getting an #Error for number of calls (it is supposed to total from the CallListingSubform)

2-When I go to my Reports for Weekly Call Summary and put in dates its not giving me any - it is supposed to be based on the Forms - Contact CallListingSubform - NextCallDate

Would need to send zip file as I really am out of my element here.

Thanks.....

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
jsonne said:
2-When I go to my Reports for Weekly Call Summary and put in dates its not giving me any - it is supposed to be based on the Forms - Contact CallListingSubform - NextCallDate
quote]

Do you mean that you're putting dates in your query for your report? If so then you may need # before and after the date.

Upvote 0
Okay solved problem 1 :)

:oops: :oops:

problem 2 - okay hope i can explain this correctly

have a table called Calls

have a form called Call Listing Subform - which has the "NextCallDate" the control source is just that "NextCallDate" and this form is in my main form called "Contacts"

have a form called Report Date Range which controls the form when I click on Weekly Report via the Switchboard and a box comes up for beginning and ending dates which are supposed to be connected to the "NextCallDate" in my main form-i.e., if i put in begin 7/1/04 and end 7/30/04 it should give me all the calls i need to make for that time period - it worked before but has now stopped and don't know why :unsure:

This is the code I have in my main form Contacts

Private Sub FirstContactDate_AfterUpdate()
Me.Call_Listing_Subform!CallDate = FirstContactDate.Value
End Sub

Private Sub NextCallDate_AfterUpdate()
Me.Call_Listing_Subform!NextCallDate = NextCallDate.Value
End Sub

Thanks for any help
[/code]

Upvote 0
I'm not sure I totally understand but it sounds like the query is not working properly. Can you find the source query and run it seperate from the form? If it fails to return anything it is not going to do it on the form either.

I usually take a different approach and build in the the references to my forms right in the query. i.e.

select *
from tblweeklycalls
where calldate between forms.Myform.Startcalldate & " " and forms.Myform.Endcalldate & " "

I mean you can do it on the form, just my preference. Check that query manually and see what it is doing.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adapt375

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back