Pivot Tables filtering with VBA

Pauljbooth

Morning All

So I have a issue im hoping / praying some one may help with as its driving me bonkers as I just cant seem to nail it. It will prob be a two second job for someone who knows how to do it lol.

I have two data sets within a workbook, using pivot I have pretty much got all the information I could want out of the two data sets however I need to be able to display them on another page in a visual form so I have been using Pivot Charts to do so and controlling the selection of department via a Slicer which works well when using only one of the data sets but I need to be able to control both sets of data from the Slicer.

I think its important to mention that each data set has duplicate values i.e. every transaction by an operator in the their various departments is recorded in one sheet and every time they login is in another so there is duplicate values so I cant create a relationship within the data model (which I know if I could would have sorted this in a minute. :( )

So the only way I can see around this is to use VBA which I will be honest about I am no VBA coder but I have tried a few options that I have found on the web but to no avail.

What I have tried so far is creating the slicer and the first pivot which contains 98% of the data which works fine, I have a report filter on that pivot for the departments, I have then told the next cell to pull the data label from the report

So report filter for the main pivot is in cell B81 so C81 displays via =B81 and that shares the department I need as a cell value, however I need to then filter say Piviottable31 by that value, how can I do that?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back