Pivot Table question

Tlewman

Board Regular
I have a pivot table in access created by the wizard. My first problem, when I click on my button to open the pivot table, it opens up minimized- I want it to open up full screen. My second problem, when I am done viewing my pivot table data, I try to close it by clicking on the x in the upper left. When I do this, there is an error that shows up in Access...."The object is locked, so any changes you make will be discarded when the form is closed. Click save as /export on the file menu and save the object under a different name." But the Excel screen doesn't close. I have to switch over to Access and click ok for the error then the pivot table in excel will close. Is there a way to eliminate this message and just have the excel pivot table close and revert back to my access form?

I am sure there is a simple fix to this but you know when you look at something so long, your brain becomes mush.......

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Hi,

Not sure about your second problem. I tried to replicate it but couldn't. Regarding your first problem, add the line Docmd.Maximize in the Form_Open or Form_Load event of your form.

Upvote 0
This only maximizes the form- not the underlying pivot table in excel. My form has a button on it that I have to click to view the pivot table in excel. When I click the button, excel opens with the pivot table- half screen.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tdeulkar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back