Pivot Table Question

baggarwal

Hi All:

I have a question about pivot tables. I set up a pivot table to display the top 3 concerns for the monthy by functiona area. The only problem I ran into is the grand totals for the functional area displays the sum of the top 3 concerns rather than the total of all the concerns.

How can this be fixed?

BA

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
See the help file for :

How totals are calculated in PivotTable reports

...by default, excel "calculates totals and subtotals for row fields and column fields, including only the visible items."

You may be able to use the info in the:

Add or remove subtotals in a PivotTable report

...help topic to address your problem, or you may need to manipulte you data on the source sheet to get the desired outcome (e.g. by adding a derived column to you pivot).

paddy

Upvote 0
Hi Paddy:

I tried going into table options and checkmarked Subtotal hidden page items but it didn't calculate the hidden items when I did that. So I am not sure how the data can be manipulated so that it subtotals on the totals and not just the top 3.

When I go into calculated field what do I put in for formula to get everything?

Upvote 0
baggarwal said:
Hi All:

I have a question about pivot tables. I set up a pivot table to display the top 3 concerns for the monthy by functiona area. The only problem I ran into is the grand totals for the functional area displays the sum of the top 3 concerns rather than the total of all the concerns.

How can this be fixed?

BA

Remove the AutoShow option to show a Grand Total for all values in your data list. Perhaps you should add a Rank field to your list and include it in your PivotTable and AutoSort on the Rank field.

Upvote 0
Hi Mark:

I can't do that. I want to show only the top 3 concerns and have grand totals for all of them all in the same table.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pedroDH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back