Pivot table and data issues!!! HELP PLease

fantasyman

Anyone!!!

I have been attempting to create some spreadsheets for fantasy football, to help better determine which players to draft. Anyways I have worked with excel many times before. However, the raw data I have that basically has all players from 2008 -14 listed in the spreadsheet. I have a different sheet for each position; RB, QB, and WR. But if I sort the players names A to Z, it lists the 2014 players first but below that it will list, for example: Adrian Peterson, all 2013,12,11,10,09, and 08 years before moving on to the next player. If that makes sense? Anyways I didn't think there was too much of an issue with that till I attempted to create a pivot table. The pivot table creates itself, but has the 2014 season players above all the other years rather than just all together. In my pivot table I have the names in the rows, seasons in the columns, then the players stats in the value. I am just wondering if anyone understands why my data is doing this. I have a few screenshots to better explain my dilemma. If anyone has any insight would be tremendous!!!!!

Thanks!!

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Welcome to MrExcel,

Some of the cells that hold the year values may be formatted as Text instead of Numbers. An easy way to fix that is to insert a new column for the year field > format that column as numbers with no decimal places > then copy and paste the existing data as values only.

Upvote 0
I did that, but for some weird reason it is still separating 2014 from the rest of the years. It makes no sense:oops: haha. For example, Aaron Rodgers is the first and if I sort the players by name, A to Z. It still puts only 2014 first. Then after all the players that played in 2014, it will show Aaron Rodgers again but listed for years 2013 through 2008. I don't understand why 2014 is being left alone at the top.

Thanks!
- FantasyMan

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alchavar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back