Pie chart with Bar question

OllyMUK

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi

I have the following picot table which I want to visualise as a Pie chart with a breakout bar chart. I want the Pie Chart to show Low, Medium and High and then have a breakout bar chart showing the Account Names that make up the High clients.

Here's my pivot table
2024-09-12 11_30_05-Book2 - Excel.png

Which is based off of this table
2024-09-12 11_31_26-Book2 - Excel.png

What I'm after is for the pie chart to show the High, Medium and Low count, with a breakout from the High slice, detailing the number of Accounts which make up High, and their names. So in the screenshow the Blue and Purple box would actually be ClientA and ClientB.
2024-09-12 11_32_20-Book2 - Excel.png

Can this be done?

Olly

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
You can use the Format Data Point dialog to choose which points are in the second plot (column), and which are in the first (pie).

Upvote 0
You can use the Format Data Point dialog to choose which points are in the second plot (column), and which are in the first (pie).
Thanks Rory, but if I select each one, then I end with each client showing on the Pie chart "Client A High, Client A Low" etc

What I'm after is for the Risk column to show as the pie chart, and the clients with High risk to show as a side Bar, but that doesn't appear to work if you select data point for the Bar manually.

Upvote 0
That you can't do. You can't only show the client for the column. The simplest option I can think of would be to plot a separate column chart for just the high risk and place it over the top of the pie.

Edit: I take that back. If you collapse the Medium and Low fields, the chart should look like you want:
1726140313864.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SWahl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back