Pie chart data labels not updating!

peftypefty

When I make changes to the data that are the data source for a pie chart, the pie chart data labels always fail to update. I would expect this from Excel97, but I'm working in Excel 2003... Is this autoupdating issue still a known Excel bug? Is there a straightforward workaround?

Thanks!

- pk
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The odds are good, but the goods are odd."

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Hmm, that is strange! I use Excel 97, and I just tried out all the different data labels, and, when I change the data, the update to the chart and its data labels takes place correctly. Perhaps you are lacking installation of one of the Add-Ins? (Tools, Add-Ins... I have them all checked!). Let us know if this fixes the problem.

Upvote 0
Pie data label updating

OK, I just tried it on a workbook of smaller total size and reduced formulaic complexity, and the labels all updated correctly and instantly. So now my question becomes,

Is there any way to force Excel to update labels on highly complex or formulaic sheets?

Thanks . . .

Upvote 0
Reading your last post, I will retire and let the field open to any real Excel guru that reads this. Good luck!

Over and out.

Upvote 0
Make sure that the Data sheet(s) are not hidden. When the sheets are hidden, the label on the graph will not update.

Upvote 0
Make sure that the Data sheet(s) are not hidden. When the sheets are hidden, the label on the graph will not update.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xmrwnx89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back