Phantom data showing on screen when cell value is changed

AlisaA

Board Regular
I have an Excel 2003 spreadsheet that has a handful of macros, data validation, conditional formatting, but is otherwise a fairly uncomplicated file. There are unlocked cells for users to enter in data, but what is strange is when those cells are changed, "phantom" data shows up on the screen outside of the cells. :confused:
Changing the screen view, either by switching to another tab or hitting page up or page down will cause it to go away, but I cannot seem to figure out what is causing it. This has been duplicated on several computers now, so it is not just my P.O.S. machine. I have termed this "wonkiness", but if there is an official term and/or solution for it, I would be eternally grateful for the help!

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
I am not sure I am looking in the right place on this page? Can you direct me to where it references an issue like this? I am not experiencing a crash in Excel, it is just phantom data on the screen. Thank you for your assistance, I appreciate it!

Upvote 0
Since you mentioned macros and protection, it was this bit I was referring to:
"You unprotect a worksheet by using the object model, such as Worksheets("sheet2").Unprotect. If the unprotected worksheet is not the active worksheet, contents from the unprotected worksheet become visible on the current worksheet. This issue continues until there is an action that updates Excel."

Upvote 0
BRILLIANT!!! That seems to have fixed it! Thank you so much for your help, most appreciated!!

:biggrin:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back