PDF to Excel Converter

TheRevSWT

Please forgive me if this question has been asked before, as I did a search and did not locate the answer.

I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of any web based pdf to excel converters that are free, or alternatively a solid product that converts pdf's to excel that I can acquire for my company.

We do financial analysis and reporting for several small entities, and they only way they know how to give us their data is in pdf form. I am thinking it might be cost effective to have us grab a pdf converter, rather than spend the time going to each of these entities and trying to teach them how to produce reports for us in a more.... analysis friendly format.

Oh, for a bit of the basics, we are all windows XP based computers, and running Excel 2007, but don't have the full adobe suite available to us.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
Nitro has one. Google pdf to Excel (they also have a pdf to Word converter).

Works well; you browse to the file, provide an email address, and they send through the converted file.

For more features, and faster turnaround, buy the product; it's pretty good value.

Denis

able2extract 7 is excellent, but have to pay.

Acrobat writer includes a select table tool that allows you to copy/paste into Excel. Acrobatv reader will let you select all and paste but it loses the plot with empty fields in a table, prefering to left align everything.

Neither is very elegant from an automation point of view, but if your need is ad hoc then it may be all you are after.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xel003

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back