Paste Multiple Picture Links in separate sheets from multiple workbooks

anthonyleadbetter

Hello,

I'm using Excel 2007 to try and paste as picture link from multiple workbooks. In total I will have roughly 50 sheets in my workbook with each sheet pasting as a picture link from a separate workbook.

I'm trying to just run a test on the first two sheets and am not having much luck. I have successfully pasted as link for a variety of information in both cells, tables, and text boxes (which is why I am using paste as picture link) in those two sheets from the two workbooks. My concern is that the file requires me to open each source file to actually update everything (only two now but up to 50 later).

My goal for the project is to open this workbook and likely press a button to run the macro to update all the values in each sheet that are connected to each workbook (all external links). My obstacle is trying to update all the values without opening the source or at the very least without leaving the source open after updating. I'd rather not open then close 50 different sources if possible.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
Tony

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back