paste inquiry: easy one!

novicehacker

i imported data from excel into access, the problem is i forget to create one extra field, now in access i've created another column for this field but i want to paste the data quickly without having to do a cut and paste operation every time, can i just select this data and paste it, or do i have to past individually.

To illustrate i have 9000 records for different vehicles, each record has fields of user date used, duration, date returned etc. Now to each record i want to add the vehicle ID, how can i do this quickly without having to cut and paste the ID no. many times?

Can i create a macro in access i don't know how, and can i drag the vehicle id no. from one celll to the next like i can in excel.
Your help would be appreciated!!

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
A lot depends on what you have! If the data all comes from a table in Excel and you have not changed the order of the records in Access you can copy the data in the column in Excel then highlight the column in the Access table (by clicking it field name) and paste the data directly into it.

HTH

Peter

Upvote 0
Thanks a lot for the tip , Bat, i've been dragging, pasting for ages, i think this should do the trick. Thanks once again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ogoreo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back