Pareto Chart from Pivot Table

hitmanwa

Board Regular
I'm trying to create a Pareto Table from a Pivot table. The table is set up but I'm trying to link the data using a dynamic ranged name. Is there a way to get rid of the #N/A values or am I completely complicating this process all together?

Pareto Chart

<TABLE style="PADDING-RIGHT: 2pt; PADDING-LEFT: 2pt; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial,Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><COLGROUP><COL style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; WIDTH: 30px"><COL style="WIDTH: 63px"><COL style="WIDTH: 35px"><COL style="WIDTH: 69px"><COL style="WIDTH: 48px"><COL style="WIDTH: 44px"><COL style="WIDTH: 55px"></COLGROUP><TBODY><TR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center"><TD> </TD><TD>A</TD><TD>B</TD><TD>C</TD><TD>D</TD><TD>E</TD><TD>F</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 19px"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center">1</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Start Date</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Blend</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Total</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Loss </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">% Loss</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Cum Loss</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 19px"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center">2</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">Oct</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">60</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left"> 71,104 </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left"> 17,800 </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">25.03%</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">0.24%</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 19px"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center">3</TD><TD> </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">100</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left"> 65,096 </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left"> 9,672 </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">14.86%</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">0.37%</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 19px"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center">4</TD><TD> </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">101</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left"> 71,568 </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left"> 9,792 </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">13.68%</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">0.50%</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 19px"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center">5</TD><TD> </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">102</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left"> 35,372 </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left"> 2,864 </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">8.10%</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">0.54%</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 19px"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center">6</TD><TD> </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">103</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left"> 260,924 </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left"> 17,396 </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">6.67%</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">0.77%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #00ff00; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #00ff00; COLOR: #000000; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: groove; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #00ff00; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: groove; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: groove; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fffcf9; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #00ff00; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: groove"><TBODY><TR><TD>Spreadsheet Formulas</TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 border=1><TBODY><TR style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca"><TD>Cell</TD><TD>Formula</TD></TR><TR><TD>B2</TD><TD>{=IF(ISERROR(PivotBlend),"",PivotBlend)}</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD>Formula Array:
Produce enclosing
{ } by entering
formula with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER!
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Excel tables to the web >> http://www.excel-jeanie-html.de/index.php?f=1" target="_blank"> Excel Jeanie HTML 4

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Sorry that I don't have ideas for you on this one.
but I did want to comment....

I've not heard anyone else refer to a Pareto chart in a few years. Was kinda nice to see =)

Upvote 0
You're not really giving us a lot to go on here. A pareto is naught but a sorted column chart. All you would need to do is click on the field settings for your row field and have it sort by the appropriate data field.

Or, if you are trying to build the chart source data in a separate range use the LARGE() function, probably in conjuction with the ROW() function.

Upvote 0
Sorry Greg,

I'll try to explain it as best I can. I have the pivot table set to sort descending by %Loss. I'm not sure if it's possible to add another field that provides the cumulative % but I need to look. For now, what I've done is use the array formula to populate by the blend and then vlookup functions to pull the data I need from the table. Finally, I'm just using sum formulas to calculate the cumulative loss. The problem I'm having is once I run out of blends on the pivot table I get N/A returns thus making the Pareto Chart look bad as those values are included in the chart. I can post a SS if that would help. I'm using excel 2000 for this one btw.

Thanks for the patience and help,
Hit

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chucklebunny

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back