Parameter query (1 parameter, multiple sources)

japhib

I have one table and two queries that all have "Name" and "Date" columns in common. The date column contains the month and year for each name. Initially, I created a query that contained the 1 table and 2 queries based on the parameter "Name" and a separate parameter for "Date." The date columns of all three were in the query with the same parameter criteria statement [Enter Month and Year:] and linked together with an equal join property. Consequently, when you entered the month and year, the query pulled only that month and year from the 1 table and 2 queries by the name you chose. However, when we changed over from Access 2000 to Access 2003, the query no longer works. Any ideas why!

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Hello and welcome to Mr Excel.

Have you checked the field types (in the table design screen) were correctly converted? Also, check the date formats in your tables and queries.

What exactly is going wrong? Are you getting an error message or is the query not returning the results you expect?

Andrew :)

Upvote 0
yes, I checked the date formats on all the tables and queries and they are the same. When I run the query now, I just get the column headings with no data.

Upvote 0
The issue is going to be one of two things : either there is no data in the table, or the query criteria is filtering out all of the records. Try removing the criteria from the query and see what a happens. Try re-introducing the criteria, paying attention to the underlying data format when you enter the criteria, and then see what happens. In particular, check the format of the field for which there criteria and make sure you enter in the values in the correct format.
HTH, Andrew. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LizN

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back