Organizing columns

Lancer7

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, I have a Workbook with several sheets of information all somewhat related and utilizing information for formulas from one another, In each sheet I have several years of information so for example 2020 column A through column CB, Then 2021 is the exact same information but column CC through DP, and so on throughout the years. Currently I group columns and hide them and just leave the current year open so I dont get "Lost" in the wrong years. Wondering if there is anyway to make tabs, Or I know there isn't "subsheets" but I'm looking for a similar idea or any idea of some way to organize my sheets where I can click a button and get to a certain year

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
A macro could be created to hide columns based on dates in cells. Since you have 80 columns per year, it seems like a better option to put each year on its own sheet. Navigating to a sheet is easy. You're hesitant to put each year on a sheet because you have summary formulas for all years; that can be overcome.

Jeff

Upvote 0
I'm more worried that my spreadsheet already has 10 sheets and as I keep working on the spreadsheet I am sure it will grow, and each of those sheets has a similar problem where they all have several years, So my tabs would just become complicated as Id end up with like 100 sheets

Upvote 0
So, Provide a snippit of your worksheet. I could create a macro that enables you to select the year you want to display using a pulldown, and then boom, all columns are hidden except for the one you need.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back