Orange arrows in threads to which you've posted...

Oaktree

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
  1. 365
Per Kristy's explanation of the latest changes to the board here: http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=187217

Von Pookie said:
Instead of the thread titles displaying in red text if you have posted to that thread, there is now a small orange arrow () displayed next to the thread title.

I don't know what's feasible and don't really have any particular suggestion, but could there be a different visual effect for this? Maybe it's just me taking crazy pills, but those orange arrows are awfully discrete...

No, not just you. It's been driving me nuts, personally. I think the problem is simply that all of the threads with new posts have little arrows next to them, as well (even if they are a different color).

Makes those little orange ones kind of hard to spot in the Excel Questions forum.

I agree... if there are no unread posts, the orange arrow holds up OK.

But, unread replys to threads to which you've posted are really hard to distinguish from unread posts to threads to which you've not posted.

Just a thought.

I can't do anything myself, but I have asked about it. I was going to do this today, anyway. At least now it's not something bugging just me :LOL:

Yeah, I'm not too crazy about it either... :)

any suggested graphics?

How about this guy: :cool:

:LOL:

In the interim, I might perform an 'ego search'. I.e., search your posts, it will show only posts you've responded to in the order of thread activity, who last responded to the thread, number of views...

A lot of really good, streamlined information, right there. Yes-no? :cool:

Heres a suggestion- what about making the font a red colour for any threads you have a post in :)

Only joking - but it was better ( in my opinion)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Assy Bissy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back