Oracle Logon

andthe

I'm using an ODBC connection to connect to an oracle database. When I run a query that is based on other queries, it asks me to logon to the oracle database multiple times. Is there a way to only logon once? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
You have to create something called a connection string. It stores your password and user name. You can do it through the vba editor.

Did you set up a DSN connection, you can do that by linking to the tables by selecting an ODBC connection. You can store the info there also.

I also use MySQL drivers to connect and store connection string info. I think you can still download them for free @ http://www.mysql.com

Upvote 0
Yes, I setup a DSN connection. I was able to enter the connect string and user id. However, I don't see a place to store the password.

I'm not real familiar with the vba editor, so I'm not sure what/where I would do this.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
When you set up the ODBC connection for your table, there is a checkbox called Save Password. If you check that you shouldn't have to enter your password again.

Upvote 0
One thing I forgot to ask, since I already have my queries and reports setup is there anyway to modify the table connection to select "Save Password"?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deasejm

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back