ORA-01013 Error

bflan0524

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2010
hoping somebody could help, i am having multiple issues. one i keep getting that error message ORA-01013 even though i am not requesting the query to stop, i also tried i believe correctly to lengthen timeout parameter but it doesn't work.

not sure if related but i am also pasting account numbers into a query, i save the query, when i go back in to check to see if they saved properly they dissapear and aren't there.

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Don't know. That is rather odd.
Where are you copying this information from?
Does the query seem to work after the paste (does it do what it is supposed to)?
If the query or database read-only or shared (where another user may be in it)?

If you are trying to limit it to certain account numbers, why not have another table that lists these account numbers, and then instead of using them in a query, you simply join the two tables together on this account number field?

Upvote 0
Don't know. That is rather odd.
Where are you copying this information from?
Does the query seem to work after the paste (does it do what it is supposed to)?
If the query or database read-only or shared (where another user may be in it)?

If you are trying to limit it to certain account numbers, why not have another table that lists these account numbers, and then instead of using them in a query, you simply join the two tables together on this account number field?

its really odd for example i pasted 12 accounts into the criteria and rather than just export which i was doing i ran the query and it worked. so then i went back and cleared those accounts out and put in 60 accounts and saved the query. then when i ran it i only got the results for the previous 12 i pasted in. i went back to design view and the 60 i had put in were gone and the 12 were back in there...makes no sense

Upvote 0
If you have a situation where you are going to keep changing the records your need, rather than continuously changing the query criteria, I would take the approach of using a table of records you want to select, and pasting the desired account numbers there, and using that table in a join with your other query/table to just return the records you want.

Upvote 0
If you have a situation where you are going to keep changing the records your need, rather than continuously changing the query criteria, I would take the approach of using a table of records you want to select, and pasting the desired account numbers there, and using that table in a join with your other query/table to just return the records you want.
i just tried that and it worked, thank you for your help

Upvote 0
You are welcome!
Glad I could help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyedye4

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back