Options help

Dan Wilson

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good day. I am running Excel out of Office365 (updated) and Windows 10 Home (updated). I have a workbook that contains several worksheets controlling my music library. One of the worksheets is dedicated to creating forty separate, non-duplicating, random numbers between 1 and 3009. I have had a good bit of help from the Forum in creating this worksheet. The last option that I needed help with was in adjusting the Options of Excel to keep the random number formula from executing every time the Return key was used. That problem was solved by changing the Advanced, Formula setting from Automatic to Manual. That worked well until I worked on one of the other worksheets that have formulas that track the use of the songs. It took me quite a while to figure out that the Formula setting that I changed was preventing the worksheet from activating formulas controlling the use of each song. I changed the Formula setting back to Automatic and all is well except for the Random Number formulas on the other worksheet. Is there a way to solve this issue, or is it better to create the Random Number worksheet as its own Workbook with Lookup functions to access data from the other workbook and setting the Automatic Formula setting to Manual on the random number worksheet only? I appreciate any help with this
Thank you,
Dan Wilson...

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabat01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back