Option Group Linked to Combobox

MHamid

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hello,

I was wondering if it would be possible to have an option group box appear once an item has been selected in a combobox. For instance, in Category Type 1, the dropdown option selected is German Cars. Once this has been selected, would it be possible to have an option group appear with all types of German Cars. When the particular German Car is selected, that will then feed into the Category Type 2 (which is also a combo box).

Is that at all possible? Or is there a better way to accomplish this? The reason I am asking is because sometimes when a Category Type 1 is selected, there can be probably over 20 options to select in Category Type 2. So I would like to give the user the option to look at this combo box list in a separate section of the form to select the next category type.

Thank you

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Hi,
It is possible, not entirely something for beginners but as long as you understand the controls and their properties, plus a little SQL I guess, it can be done.

What you want to do is google "msaccess cascading comboboxes" or "msaccess dependent comboboxes"

Explanations such as this one will pop up (they will not all implement this the same way - I've used the one listed below):
http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut10.htm

Upvote 0
Hello,

Thank you! I will look at your suggestions and will post if I have any questions or run into any issues.

Thank you

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ogoreo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back