Option for Office Version

Haseeb Avarakkan

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Firstly I am sorry, if you are going to read a bad English :)

Is it possible to include a field in profile where we can enter or select version(s) of office we use, then it should visible below the user name as like Join Date, Location etc.. So the members can provide solutions base on versions.

such as...

• Office Version: 2007 or Mac 2008....

Or where it more suitable.

Regards,
Haseeb

You would think that the folks at vBulletin Solutions have been asked to include something like this in the software. This forum software is widely used and I'm sure that many members of many other forums have asked for the same thing.

You would think that the folks at vBulletin Solutions have been asked to include something like this in the software. This forum software is widely used and I'm sure that many members of many other forums have asked for the same thing.
A quick look over at ExcelForum and they have it there.

This suggestion is brought up from time to time. Generally it's agreed to be a good idea but not necessary and we've passed on implementation. Personally if I think it's necessary to know I just ask so it doesn't seem like much trouble to me. Or I give a two solutions, so the user can take the more appropriate (which may be helpful when others come along and view the thread - for example a sumproduct() solution for Office 2003 and and a sumifs() solution for Office 2007/2010.

xenou

This suggestion is brought up from time to time. Generally it's agreed to be a good idea but not necessary and we've passed on implementation. Personally if I think it's necessary to know I just ask so it doesn't seem like much trouble to me. Or I give a two solutions, so the user can take the more appropriate (which may be helpful when others come along and view the thread - for example a sumproduct() solution for Office 2003 and and a sumifs() solution for Office 2007/2010.

xenou
I wonder how many 100's (1000's?) of times I've asked the poster:

What version of Excel are you using?

;)

Sure. I hear you. There is general agreement that this would be helpful, but (at least at this point in time) it's not something we've decided to implement.

ξ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Penapensil

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back