redamber
abca
adf
adag
ada

ambergreen

<tbody>
</tbody>

hi i have a table similar to above. in the action and financials column, i would like to add the option to select three colours (red, amber & green). I can do this by doing data validation, and then selecting (red, amber and green) and then conditonnaly formatting the cell for each text. The only downside is that it fills the entire cell in that colour and this is a downside because the comments are long which expands the the entire row to show text and thefore the action/financials cell expand and so does the colour based on the choice.

What I would like is same feature, the ability to select either red, amber or green and reflect that colour based on selection without the whole cell being covered. I tried option button which changes background colour when selected but that colour doesn't change when another colour is selected. i.e. when red is selected, small red box lights up but when amber is selected, red stays from prior selection

Is there way to achieve what I'm trying to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back