Opening the Floodgates of Employment

MrKowz

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Finally, my persistance and perseverance are paying off in seeking new employment. For the past month or two, I have been scouring the careers sections (and Monster.Com) of local businesses, applying for EVERY job I might be remotely qualified for (mainly Business Analyst, Financial Analyst, Pricing Analyst, * Analyst, etc...), even though I lack either x-years of experience or I might not meet each of their requirements. I have been putting in roughly 10 applications a week, keeping track of where, when, and what I apply for. After a few weeks of doing this and not getting a single call back (or seeing that my application was declined outright), instead of getting bummed and complaining, I kept pushing through... and things are finally turning around.

In the last week, I have had two separate (very high-profile) companies contact me for an interview; and I am expecting a third company to get back with me within the next week. It's as if a tiny opening appeared on the job-front, and that opening ended up exploding into more and more.

The reason I am posting this bit of story here is because I owe a significant amount of thanks and gratitude to every member (far too many to name) on these forums who have helped me throughout the years. My knowledge of Excel would be nowhere near what it currently is without the help, examples, explanations, and corrections of the members of this forum. This Excel knowledge has made me significantly more marketable to the business world, especially since I have utilized the knowledge in my current position to build a centralized process for Pension Analysis.

Regardless of what happens with my employment situation, I fully intend on continuing to help and support these forums, as well as continue to learn the Excel profession to the extent of my abilities.

Wish me luck! I'll defeinitely keep everyone posted on where I end up! :beerchug:

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
Good luck! I assume our cheques are in the post, as is the custom. ;)

Hi Keith,

Good luck, I hope everything works out for you and that you will enjoy whichever job comes your way.

It would be interesting to know how many people this forum has helped to gain a pay rise (me :) ) or to get a job.

Ak

Cheers MrKowz.....it all comes to those who wait.....and persevere.
Only recently I won an upgrade in my org and I agree, without the expertise, and help from this forum, I dare say this wouldn't have happened.
AND yes.....I'll send cash to all responsible.....is Fax OK ??

If you have a playstation, we've already got your card details. ;)

Good luck mate! Let me know if they have any UK based partner companies who are looking for people :P

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Auroraaa

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back