open access repot in excel

amna77

Hi my access database is saved on the Network drive. Acutally there is one report that I run every day.I enter parameter for report, like start date and end date. But my boss wants to filter repords further. like all fileds, like project, part number, defect code, etc. there are so many. he wants to filter after entering the dates.
I was thinking about, like after entering dates, then export that whole report to excel and filter there, instead of showing that in access. Is it possible?
Basically I have one blank excel report (book1) in the same folder, where is my database. so now every time when I enter dates, I want that reoprt to open in book1, plus it should have all the filter option on top for all fields. Please help me.
Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
The simplest way to do this is to use MS Query (Data->Get External Data->New Database Query) which is built into Excel to have one Workbook linked to a database query/table and when you open it, have it Refresh. MS Query has some pretty noticeable limitations, however, it might be enough for your current needs. A better way (although much more code-intensive) is to use the Excel Object Model in Access to create a workbook on the fly, populate a worksheet with data from Access and then have it format the worksheet. Takes a lot of coding knowledge, but it's the sort of thing that'll make you feel like a Golden God when you get it right.

*edit* just to save you some frustration with MS Query, you can't link to a parameter query. What you'll need to do is to set the Query up in Excel just like it is in Access and add the parameters in the Excel query.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Parlapalli

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back