ONLY is such a strong word.

arkusM

Message opening a my own file, with all my own code.

"The macros in this file do not match the digital signature. Only a macro virus would cause this...."

Right, because MS Excel is infallible and NEVER screws up, or are you implying that I am writing macro viruses. I concede to not writing the best code, but a virus? I can hardly get my code to produce obvious productive results let alone nefarious, subtle stuff - ha.

Oh MS, you do provide so much humour... (and employment)

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
You'd be surprised...

Years back I was writing some code and Norton quarantined the workbook. Repeat the code, same result -- apparently the compiled code had something that looked like a virus signature.
I rewrote the code, changing a couple of minor things, and no problem. Never seen it before or since, you just have to be VERY unlucky when the code compiles. Unless, of course, you *are* writing a virus... ;-)

Denis

So how did you get past that, manage it? I asks because a guy in VBAX is having the same problem today.

So how did you get past that, manage it? I asks because a guy in VBAX is having the same problem today.
VBAX is working again? I was having troubel connecting the other day.

A while ago I had my IT group create a corporate level certificate for me. I sign all my macro projects with it so that other people in my group don't get the "enable macro" thing.

I simply resigned the project and the problem went away.

in fact that is why I laughed when I got the message because the project was signed with this Cert at the time.

I guess he could try self signing?
HTH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadethejade

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back