Only getting 211 results from a =FILTER - ISNUMBER - SEARCH formula

Mrformulaheadache

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good morning,

I'm using the formula =FILTER(A5:M520541,ISNUMBER(SEARCH(O1,G5:G520541)),"No Match") where O1 is a dynamic search box to search in column G of a large range of data in columns A to M.

The formula works fine apart from it only displays 211 results. Is there a way to show results for all rows? It is a large volume of data but I'm hoping there is a solution!

Using Windows and Excel 365

Many thanks

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Depends on your data. Does your data contain cells which are numbers? I bet your formula isn't performing very well with such a large range. Perhaps you should consider using Power Query to filter that table. I doubt if your data changes often enough to need a live updating formula.

Upvote 0
Depends on your data. Does your data contain cells which are numbers? I bet your formula isn't performing very well with such a large range. Perhaps you should consider using Power Query to filter that table. I doubt if your data changes often enough to need a live updating formula.
Thank you for your reply.

There are numbers in other columns within the data collection A-M but not in the search field of Column G.
The large Range could definitely be the problem which is disappointing.
I'll check if i can get access to Power Query, not sure I can at present due to restrictions.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hglymph

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back