One sheet has no name on the tab

JenniferMurphy

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a curious situation. A workbook I have been working on for several weeks has about 20 sheets. I just noticed that one of the most recent sheets was missing. I checked to see if it was hidden, but found nothing. Then I noticed a tiny all-white tab (no label). If I click on it, my missing sheet appears.

Here's what the tab row looks like. The circled tab should read "Active Log". If I click on it, I get the active log.

1612242738333.png

What did I do to deserve this little gift?

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Have you tried renaming it ??
Probably another reason to avoid 365 !!
That never even occurred to me. I did just that and it is now visible:

1612243720203.png

That solved my immediate problem, but I'm going wait on marking this solved hoping that someone can explain why it happened and, more importantly, what I can do to prevent it from happening again.

You may be right. It may just be one of the many joys of Office 365. I have had more trouble with several Office 365 apps in year or so that I have had it, than in 10-15 years with previous versions. Do they (M$ST) always have to take 2 steps back after taking 3 steps forward? Sheesh.

Upvote 0
Well if 365 was perfect....you wouldn't buy 365 Plus or 365 Version2...when they finally get released... :mad:
It's always about making money !!!

Upvote 0
Well if 365 was perfect....you wouldn't buy 365 Plus or 365 Version2...when they finally get released... :mad:
It's always about making money !!!
I'm not expecting perfect. I just wish each release had fewer stupid bugs than the previous one.

One of my favorite books of all time was Woody Leonhard's book, Hacker's Guide to Word for Windows. I thought that book would embarrass M$FT enough that they would get their act together. Sadly, it did not.

I know someone fairly high in the OS development group. He told me many years ago that developers who can't cut it in the OS group are transferred to the Office group.

Upvote 0
Rich (BB code):
developers who can't cut it in the OS group are transferred to the Office group.
Nuff said !!
I'll be interested to see if your Tab issue happens again..:devilish::devilish:

Upvote 0
Probably another reason to avoid 365 !!
Any reason to think it might even possibly be related to Excel 365 rather than a simple (presumably accidental) renaming (per your first comment) or a corrupted file?

Upvote 0
Yep...possibly...but 365 has created some interesting issues thus far ?

Upvote 0
Any reason to think it might even possibly be related to Excel 365 rather than a simple (presumably accidental) renaming (per your first comment) or a corrupted file?
I don't know what "renaming" you are referring to in my "first comment".

If it was a corrupted file, how come simply renaming that tab (that was in my second comment) fixed the problem and the workbook is working just fine since. And if it was corrupted, Excel should detect that and tell me. Actually, it should prevent corruption in the first place. M$FT owns the Office software and the OS.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harold14

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back