One parameter multiple queries

oni1983

I have create multiple queries to bring up dates on when staff is to visit trainees on their place of work.

Each query represent each visit to be done (6 visits in total thus 6 queries).

Now I want to summarize the dates, regardless of the visit number, so that I know the amount of visits to be done, say per week or month. I have tried creating a form named [MonitoringDates] and referencing the criteria of the queries by using the following expression:

Between [Forms]![MonitoringDates]![Start of monitoring period] And [Forms]![MonitoringDates]![End of monitoring period]

The expression did not present any errors but when I run it, no records are shown when I am sure that during the period entered, visits are planned.

Can someone help me?

I'm still a novice in using Access and have arrived to this stage, mainly through youtube, Google and this website!

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
1) You will need to be the form MonitoringDates is opened in form view.

2) you have entered valid dates into the text boxes [Start of monitoring period] and [End of monitoring period]

with the form still open you should be able to use the following criteria in a saved query:

Code:
Between [Forms]![MonitoringDates].[Start of monitoring period] And [Forms]![MonitoringDates].[End of monitoring period]

Each query represent each visit to be done (6 visits in total thus 6 queries).
Why six (6) queries? In a normalized database I would expect you to only need one.

Upvote 0
I have tried it out but it is still not working. I have collated all queries into one so that now I have one query showing all visits planned.

However when I run the query it is still bringing up the prompt to input the dates as if it is totally disregarding what I am inputting in the form.

Upvote 0
However when I run the query it is still bringing up the prompt to input the dates as if it is totally disregarding what I am inputting in the form.

If the query is prompting then it can't find the criteria.

Verify the form [MonitoringDates] is open and that the text box control names are [Start of monitoring period] And [End of monitoring period].

I agree it would be helpful to see the SQL for the query. From design view switch to SQL view. Copy and paste that here.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brainsanquine

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back