One click solution for printing a column of .pdf links

Lancer6891

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am looking to print all the .pdf files that are hyperlinked in column A with one click.
The problem I find when looking at other solutions for this is that:
1. my pdf files are from several different folder locations
2. my list of pdf files will change with time
3. I literally have hundreds of pdf files that I need to print daily in a specific order.

1722277088013.png

This is just an example of what I am working with.

Could someone please give me a VBA solution that will loop through the links, printing each one once

This is a process that we are currently spending 7 hours on a day on and I really need to find a way to streamline this, but sadly my VBA skills aren't where they need to be for me to figure this out on my own.

Thank you in advance!

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
I am afraid you can't build a solid VBA solution for this scenario. It requires opening the files in a pdf viewer like adobe, then print, then close etc... Most of the times when I try to do this, it skips some files, even with a lot of waiting times.

An approach is to move all these files to one folder (with vba), then manually select all files in your file explorer and hit print (again, chances are that this won't work either).

Upvote 0
I am afraid you can't build a solid VBA solution for this scenario. It requires opening the files in a pdf viewer like adobe, then print, then close etc... Most of the times when I try to do this, it skips some files, even with a lot of waiting times.

An approach is to move all these files to one folder (with vba), then manually select all files in your file explorer and hit print (again, chances are that this won't work either).
Why is this so hard to accomplish? If every file is a PDF, I'm only asking to print once, and I'm not even asking it to choose certain files just print everyone I put in the column A ... I mean it seems like something a computer and excel should be able to accomplish in 2024. (Especially since it appears to be something many companies would love to be able to do)

Upvote 0
Why print all these files, paperless js the future😉. You could try my suggestion though

Upvote 0
Why print all these files, paperless js the future😉. You could try my suggestion though
Due to document control rules our corporate overlords don't allow us to copy or move certain files. The files I'm dealing with are ones I cannot move. Other wise I would just set them up in different folders and print all. But thanks anyway.

Upvote 0
If your company's policy is this strict, you can't achieve much with automation.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back