Oldest date first

drock99a

Board Regular
Hello all,
I have a table that keeps track of the maintenance done on each piece of equipment. Every 90 days each piece has to be done. The table has the following fields: zone, euipment type, location, date. The date field is for the last time it had maintenace done on it. Do to the amount of equipment there is a possibility that the equipment will recieve its maintenance prior to the 90 day mark. I am trying to figure out how to make a query tell me which ones are the oldest even if they are not at the 90 day point. Every employee has a certain requirement per week that must be done, that is why some will get done before there 90 day mark. Please help, thanks.

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
I am by no means a master with access, but this sounds like a simple fix. Perhaps I am underestimating your problem however. But, what sounds like needs to be done is to simply create your query in desing view, add the table that you have your data in, select which fields you want displayed (including the service date), and then sort your service date field in ascending order. Put the following criteria in without quotes "(Date()-[Table1]![date]<90) And (Date()-[Table1]![date]>30)". Click run, and your query will put the list in order from oldest service date to most recent, and limit it to equipment serviced within the last 90 days, but not within the last 30. You can lengthen the timeframe by adjusting the 90 or 30 in the criteria to however many days you want. If I have completely misunderstood your problem, I appologize, but I hope this helps you out.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anmol Pandey19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back