Oh, PLEASE. My question is too mundane?

Wendy Robinson

I asked a question about a half hour ago, to which I've received no replies and a single view. Questions posted after mine have gotten lots of attention. Is there a "question sexiness" thing going on? My problem is getting an error message that prevents me from SORTing: "This operation requires that merged cells be of identical size."

PLEASE HELP. I'll send you a beautiful blue ribbon for your trouble.

Wendy

I asked a question about a half hour ago, to which I've received no replies and a single view. Questions posted after mine have gotten lots of attention. Is there a "question sexiness" thing going on? My problem is getting an error message that prevents me from SORTing: "This operation requires that merged cells be of identical size."

PLEASE HELP. I'll send you a beautiful blue ribbon for your trouble.

Wendy
If you click on Help in the error message dialog box you get:
"The cell range that you attempted to sort or remove duplicates from includes merged cells. However not all cells in the range are merged to the same size.
To complete this operation, unmerge all the merged cells in the range, or make each group of merged cells the same size as the largest group."

I asked a question about a half hour ago, to which I've received no replies and a single view. Questions posted after mine have gotten lots of attention. Is there a "question sexiness" thing going on?

Patience is key! Remember, this is a free site. This is a "user supported" forum, give people a little time to see it. Users all over the world are logging in continuously throughout the day. How quickly someone replies to your thread is sometimes a factor of "dumb luck", who is on the board at the time and what their level of expertise is.

To get the most out of your posts, take a look at the posting rules and tips found here:
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127080
Please pay special attention to rules 21-23. Please do not re-post your question again in a new thread. Such threads will be locked or deleted, per forum rules.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBulinski1975

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back