Offset result in separate cell

Ric69

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hoping for some help here if possible?
I have a spreadsheet listing jobs by line, in cells O2 I have the start date and in cell P2. In Cell R2 I have a formula =P2 and have formatted the cell to show 'mmm'.
On the next sheet I have a table with the customers down the left and months of the year across the top. I want the table to shows the number of jobs per customer per month based on data in sheet 1.
However, the formula I have on sheet 2, looks at the month (mmm) across the top and cross matches to the 'mmm' in sheet 1 in column R, but as cells in column R contain formula it is not picking up any data.

I was wondering if I could amend the formula in R2 to do the calculation and then put the result in a 'clean' cell as text, I could then amend my formula in sheet 2 to to cross reference with this 'text' and therefore do the calculation.

To make things more complication, I'm sharing the sheet outside my organisation using oneDrive and intend for the users to view using either chrome or firefox etc which i dont think supports macros / VBA

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
[...] if I could amend the formula in R2 to do the calculation and then put the result in a 'clean' cell as text,[...]
There is no possible that formula gives result on other cell.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back