Office 2K Developer

mdmilner

I've decided finally to move up to the above product, the idea of having the ability to create Access Runtime apps has struck a chord; the best way to accomplish multiple projects under development.

But, I'm in trouble. It seems that Microsoft in it's neverending quest for improvement, no longer seems to want to sell Office 2K Developer, just Office XP Developer. While I received some advice off usenet that they're nearly completely compatible, they did recommend using the 'lowest' version to develop in (2K) and then move it UP (XP) rather than the reverse (develop in XP and try to make it compatible with 2K)

And then it gets more complicated.

I saw this over on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3623742098&category=41855#ebayphotohosting

And it seems to *just* be the developer tools (not including the Office Premium installation). As I've already got an Office2Kpremium installed at home, such a thing would be perfect.

But, to further muddy the waters, I noticed a variety of products such as MS Office Developer version 1.5 here: (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3624054459&category=182) that seems to be the full package, etc etc etc.

If anybody reading this is confused also, you're not alone.

I'm interested in opinions or suggestions where to look.

It's probably inappropriate to turn this forum into a classifieds section, so if anybody has some information (or Office2KDev copies!) please feel free to communicated directly with me at mikecontact_nospam@comcast.net (remove _nospam)

Thanks

Mike

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
If you already own Premium, all you need is the Developer Tools. Don't but the full package again...

HTH

Denis

Upvote 0
Was going to follow up on this one just because I found it again looking for old threads of my own that I might need to answer.

Went and bought O2K Developer. And what a bounty it was. Best part was the manual and the COM manual giving me all of the Office object models in a single book.

Use of the Runtime tools works well - if you have any aptitude at all, and the ability to actually read some of the documentation, you're set. One of the more useful add-ins for me has been the error_handler tool. Saves a lot of redundant typing.

While I'm at it - I'd like to thank those that have given me some information here. Where I think I knew the required answer, I've been trying to add my thoughts here although I sometimes wonder how much I should volunteer when MrExcel is, in a way, a consulting service and demonstrating knowledge is one way they get business.

Still, this is a very responsive community forum. I'm not sure I've seen even a single rude response to anybody's questions.

Mike

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBulinski1975

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back