odd behavior

Davers

Just a couple of quick things about the web page...I hope I'm not posting this in the wrong spot...I've noticed when I click on New Topic, it takes me back to the main page, where I have to pick New Topic again. Kind of odd. And I also notice when I do a search, it will say...658 results, I'll read the first page, when I click on either page 2, or Next, or on one of the page numbers to try and get to more results of my search, it says that there are no results for my query...What am I doing wrong???!!!

Thanks,

Dave M. :eek:

Davers, It's not you. This happens to me once in awhile. I've noticed it happening a bit this week with my searches. I imagine it's something the guru's are working on. But, hey at least you get that first page, so if you use a good search string you should be able to find what you're looking for. Regards, Marc :p

Moved to 'Questions about this board'.

And, unfortunately, I have never experienced either behaviors... but I think it has to do with the session id that phpBB stores to identify each user...

samsmithnz said:
I'm actually having a similar problem where I can't reply to certain threads, like (for example), this one: http://216.92.17.166/board2/viewtopic.php?t=20451&highlight=table+contains+visible+tables

Sorry, I forgot to say what happens, When I click reply it just redirects me to the main Forum index. again and again. Looks like I might have to jsut start a new topic.
Please don't start a new topic as a reply to that one.

Do you usually use the 216.92.17.166 address instead of www.mrexcel.com? Or the other way round?

The 'reply' button will act like that if you're not logged in.

So if you are logged in and using the board under the www.mrexcel.com/board2/ links, and click over to one using the 216..., you won't be logged in as to your cookies, it's considered a separate site. And vice versa.

Make sense?

Hope it helps,

I see the link you mean, but how did I switch over to the 216 IP address? is that the search?

No, it's not the search. At one point, something was up with using the www address, so everyone had to switch to the IP address to get to the site for a little while.

I think a lot of people just never bothered to switch back. It can lead to some confusion when clicking links to other posts that people have posted (as you've found out! :) )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaskin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back