Number of replies to posts limited?

shay06

Is there a limit to the number of replies a post can receive? I only ask because I've run into a snag with a work project and the dialogue just kind of stopped??

No limit. Number of reasons replies might dry up - people who've been helping get distracted (by work, going on holiday etc); people reached the limit of their ability to help, you problem is too large, or too poorly specified, too many pages back to get noticed now etc etc.

Have a re-read of your posts, then see if any further clarification would help. It is OK to 'bump' your post back to the top after a day or so (by posting a reply to itwith 'bump' in the text) - but if you do, always think first if there's any other info you can provide that might help.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that my attempt to simplify just confused the question I'd asked. :(

Thank you for the reply, I was just curious. Especially when I saw the red envlope with the arrow.. I thought, uh oh! Maybe that's some sort of caution sign for other members or something.

Thanks again!

If you look at the bottom of any post you'll see an explanation for all of the different "envelopes" denoting post status. Red means hot post with no new comments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBulinski1975

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back