No notifications on subscribed threads

foverman

Board Regular
Hi,

I'm noticing that I'm not getting any notifications for posts to subscribed threads or for PM's. I've seen posts about the board having trouble. Is this part of it, or is it a different problem?

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

I used to get notifications, and all my subscriptions are marked Instant.

I'm not having any such problems. Might just be worth checking the settings in your User CP under Edit Options|Messaging & Notification

Also, remember that when you get a notification on a thread, you won't receive another one on that thread until you visit the site again (which I believe is mentioned in the notification emails).

User CP under Edit Options|Messaging & Notification
Looks pretty straightforward. I've not been mucking around in CP.

Receive Email
Y Receive Email from Administrators
Y Receive Friendship Request Email

Default Thread Subscription Mode
Instant Email Notification

Private Messaging
Y Enable Private Messaging
Y Receive Private Messages only from Contacts and Moderators
Y Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up
Y Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default
Y Enable Visitor Messaging
N Limit usage of Visitor Messages to Contacts and Moderators

you won't receive another one on that thread until you visit the site again
I remember seeing that. And the application of this would be I wouldn't have seen your reply since I hadn't visited the board since I last posted.

However, I should have been notified when Peter posted, and I wasn't.

As I look at my mailbox, there are no mrexcel.com messages in the spam folder, and I've never seen them go there.

There are 47 notifications in my mailbox, and the last one is on 10/31 at 11:53 pm.

As I look at my subscriptions, all are marked instant, and there are 16 threads and 1 PM that have had replies since Nov 1. None have had any notification.

Any other ideas?

I can't imagine how it would happen without you specifically doing so, but the only other thing I can think of is that your email address for such notifications has changed. Again in User CP, check in 'Edit Email & Password'.

Even if that looks OK, it might be worth changing the email address to something else, save, log out, log back in then change it back again - so long as Kristy doesn't think that would upset anything else?

If it works for everyone else, there's a good chance it's something on your end.
Like the fact that your server is rejecting us. Because it is and there's nothing we can do about that.

Thanks All -

I did a little experimenting.
Changed my address to a completely separate gmail account--that worked.
Changed it back to my old address--no notifications.
Changed it to an address that is a pseudonym for the same email account I had been using--that worked.

Somehow my old address was blocking. I walked through the blacklist on that account, and didn't see board@mrexcel.com or any other mrexcel listings.

Pretty weird, but I'm getting email again. :confused:

Thanks for your assistance! :)

Hi:

I too am experiencing the same problem. Probably around the same time frame? I am using my work email address and always have since I joined in 2002. My email address has not changes (recently) but maybe our IT people have done something to the firewall?

Can the folks at Mr. Excel tell if my email address is (server) is rejecting your notifications? :confused:

Maybe I might have to switch my email address but i would prefer to keep my work email as this is mostly when I am using the Board.

I will see how things work next week...

Have a GREAT weekend,
Mark :)

I have to scour several hundred messages to see if i can find a bounced one for you.. might take awhile

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ang24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back