"No Current Record" error message in append query

jobb

Board Regular
One of my coworkers cannot run an append query, because he gets this error message. I am able to run the same append query, if I use different criteria, so it seems there is nothing wrong with the query itself. Could some of the data be corrupted somehow? It seems like there is something wrong with the set of records he is using, but I could be mistaken. Please help!!!

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Re: "No Current Record" error message in append q

If you try to run the EXACT same query with the EXACT same criteria as him, what happens?

If you think the database may be corrupt, go to Tools, Database Utilities and select "Compact and Repair Database".

If none of that works, please post the query (if you go to SQL view in the query design mode, you can copy the SQL representation of the query). Also, explain what the tables involved look like and what is supposed to happen (giving examples may also help).

Upvote 0
Re: "No Current Record" error message in append q

never mind the query, my table is having odd records go corrupt when certain values are input into the field [Branch #].

For example, if I put any other number in a certain record, I am able to add or edit the record. However, if I put the number "1703" as the branch#, and try to save the record, I get the error "No Current Record". I can't figure out why it wouldn't allow a particular number to be used.

The only possibility I could come up with is that my table has an odd index. It has a multiple field index with no dupes allowed, where branch # is the first field listed in the index. However, in the case above, the records I was trying to add and edit with the branch # 1703 wouldn't violate this index.

Any Ideas?

It seems like these records are just becoming corrupted, but I have no idea why, or how to prevent it. Would a "repair database" be worth the effort of trying to kick everyone out of the database? (which can be quite an undertaking)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wella86

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back