Next Question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VPLUMWOOD

Office Version
  1. 365
Thank you so much for sorting problem one.....

To throw another query in, can i use the same formula to then add in numbers for boys or girls,

So on the Data from Arbor sheet, column C says whether they are Boy or Girl, so I need to know the numbers of males who hit the criteria,

39 is the number of the whole group who matched the 2 criteria, but I need to also know of the 20 Girls, how many of them did......

Year Group Total453987%
Girls20
Boys25

=SUMPRODUCT(('Data From Arbor'!$K$2:$K$5000='Summary All'!E2)+('Data From Arbor'!$K$2:$K$5000='Summary All'!U2),('Data From Arbor'!$AG$2:$AG$5000='Summary All'!E2)+('Data From Arbor'!$AG$2:$AG$5000='Summary All'!U2),('Data From Arbor'!$AM$2:$AM$5000='Summary All'!E2)+('Data From Arbor'!$AM$2:$AM$5000='Summary All'!U2),('Data From Arbor'!$AO$2:$AO$5000='Summary All'!E2)+('Data From Arbor'!$AO$2:$AO$5000='Summary All'!U2),('Data From Arbor'!$M$2:$M$5000='Summary All'!E2)+('Data From Arbor'!$M$2:$M$5000='Summary All'!U2),('Data From Arbor'!$AI$2:$AI$5000='Summary All'!E2)+('Data From Arbor'!$AI$2:$AI$5000='Summary All'!U2),('Data From Arbor'!$AA$2:$AA$5000='Summary All'!E2)+('Data From Arbor'!$AA$2:$AA$5000='Summary All'!U2),('Data From Arbor'!$AC$2:$AC$5000='Summary All'!E2)+('Data From Arbor'!$AC$2:$AC$5000='Summary All'!U2),('Data From Arbor'!$AK$2:$AK$5000='Summary All'!E2)+('Data From Arbor'!$AK$2:$AK$5000='Summary All'!U2),('Data From Arbor'!$O$2:$O$5000='Summary All'!E2)+('Data From Arbor'!$O$2:$O$5000='Summary All'!U2),('Data From Arbor'!$S$2:$S$5000='Summary All'!E2)+('Data From Arbor'!$S$2:$S$5000='Summary All'!U2),('Data From Arbor'!$Q$2:$Q$5000='Summary All'!E2)+('Data From Arbor'!$Q$2:$Q$5000='Summary All'!U2))

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
For those of us who don't know what the previous question was, just to clarify:
Are you counting the number of rows that have either/both of U2 and E2 in, or the number of individual appearances of U2 and E2? (it looks like the former to me - so if a row 1 or more of either, it still only counts as 1?)
Assuming this needs to work on 365, I think that formula can be streamlined a bit.

Upvote 0
For those of us who don't know what the previous question was, just to clarify:
Are you counting the number of rows that have either/both of U2 and E2 in, or the number of individual appearances of U2 and E2? (it looks like the former to me - so if a row 1 or more of either, it still only counts as 1?)
Assuming this needs to work on 365, I think that formula can be streamlined a bit.
Hi,

It would be either,

Thank you

Upvote 0
That doesn't make sense, I'm afraid - they are different options. You either want to count the individual appearances of those two values, or you want to count rows where one or more of them appears.

Upvote 0
This is a snapshot of the date,

So the formula is checking whether a 4-5E or a 3-4S appears against a specific childs data,

Rows 1 to 4 wouldnt be included in the numbers but row 5 would as would row 15 as it has instances of both 3-4S and 4-5E,

Hopefully that might explain it better?

1724327083391.png

Upvote 0
No, not really! (it's actually worse ;))
Row 2 of the actual data shown has 3-4S in the 4 columns we can see, so:
  1. Why isn't that included?
  2. My original question: would that row count as 4 (4 instances of "3-4S") or just 1 (1 matching row)

Upvote 0
Ah, this also appears to be a duplicate of this question, so I'm closing this. Please do not post the same question more than once.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harold14

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back