"New Member" attribute

diddi

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
greets all, just wondering how one earns the honour of not having their profile attribute set to "New Member". i see members with 4000 posts who are "new" and others with 400 who are not? or is it join date? that doesnt seem to work for me either...

Hi P
I thought they set that themselves.
Don't worry your well past new, just like me....LOL !

I've noticed this too.... my profile was also tagged as a new member for some time... it automatically went off and on a couple of times in the past day or 2... now seems to be off :)

Hi Guys

This is a new configuration that admins are playing with. The intention here is to reduce the amount of spam we get. Spammers tend to use their signatures and recently they were using their PM to target individual members. New members won't be able to set signatures or send PM's until they hit x posts. The exact number of posts has yet to be determined (expect somewhere between 10-50 posts).

We will post an announcement and update the forum rules in due course.

Hi Guys

This is a new configuration that admins are playing with. The intention here is to reduce the amount of spam we get. Spammers tend to use their signatures and recently they were using their PM to target individual members. New members won't be able to set signatures or send PM's until they hit x posts. The exact number of posts has yet to be determined (expect somewhere between 10-50 posts).

We will post an announcement and update the forum rules in due course.
I belong to another site where they allow people to create custom titles, which might be fun, but it could get out of hand, but not really sure if that would be a problem here. There is also a x post requirement and time here that goes with it.

But they also have up until that point where you can have your own custom titles, different titles at different levels, its a softball forum, so you ahve levels like:

minor leaguer
rookie
1st base coach
part-time player
full-time player
all-star

It does make some of the veterans and so forth stand out.

Just throwing ideas out there. ;)

I belong to another site where they allow people to create custom titles

We already seem to have that with some of our moderators... ;)

well i see ive stirred some activity with this one. and also i see that i have become a board regular. thx to mods for that. i would support the idea of of having some sort of minimum post requirement before having all priveledges. (maybe you should have to post to a thread other than your own a few times). i have had several PMs that i have deleted over the times.

well i see ive stirred some activity with this one.
They have actually been working on it for days, trying to get everything sorted out just right! We are trying to make some changes to make it a little harder on the spammers.

its good being regular. (my mother always told me that) :ROFL:
glad to see you are too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugubara

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back