New Board: Search Function

GomaPile

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi to any one that reads this message. I go under the name of GomaPile, I've been using this forum 'MrExcel' at work and at home for a couple of weeks now, but when I get home I can't seem to find the Search feature up top in the blue area, where I was able to see it at work today. Am I doing something wrong here or is the computer still active at work.

Please help
Thanks
Goma

Re: Searching My Forums

Thank-you who ever fixed it.

Cheers
Goma

Read the board announcements - the search function will be on/off while we work on it.

Is the search function working at the moment? It always tells me I've entered less than the minimum three words (which is a bad idea, you'll end up finding lots of irrelevant stuff, or not finding anything) no matter how many words I type.

Seems to work fine for me. Can you tell me exactly what you are entering in, and I can try that?

It doesn't mean you have to have more than 3 words. It means that none of the words can have less than 3 characters. Look at the examples provided in the message.

Right, yes it is kicking out the entire search because one word is a two letter word. However if I miss out the word I get hundreds of irrelevant responses.

The new search function is terrible, it won't do another search after failing the first time for 30 seconds, and you have to press 'back' more times than really necessary to get a search done. I've yet to have it find anything helpful. In fact it puts me off even bothering to come and look on this site for advice at all.

I think I'll use google to search this site from now on.

searching in posted code

Using the forum's search facility, I instantly found a post I was looking for by posting just a single word - a variable name - that was used in some code I'd posted a few months ago.

However searching from google had not found the post. It makes me think that the indexing used by google does not cover code posted in threads.

I'm glad the forum's search tool found it instantly. Cheers, Fazza

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hamdan17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back