Nested If - Help

MonicaL

I can't get it right - I am not sure what I am doing wrong.
If anyone could guide me to the right path - I will be very thankful.

Here is the problem that I am working on

A. The first test should test if the shipping option in cell b15 is blank, and if so, then cell c17 should be blank.

B. Then a nested IF should test if B15 is equal to shipping option in D40, and if So, then the value in E40 should be used. (value listed below)

C. Then a nested IF should test if B15 is equal to the shipping option in D41, and if so, then the value in E41 should be used, otherwise the value in E42 should be used. (value listed below)

Cell D40 value = Standard
Cell D41 Value = Express
Cell D42 value = Overnight

Cell E40 Value = $9.50
Cell E41 Value = $14.50
Cell E42 value = $18.50

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
I can't get it right - I am not sure what I am doing wrong.
If anyone could guide me to the right path - I will be very thankful.

Here is the problem that I am working on

A. The first test should test if the shipping option in cell b15 is blank, and if so, then cell c17 should be blank.

B. Then a nested IF should test if B15 is equal to shipping option in D40, and if So, then the value in E40 should be used. (value listed below)

C. Then a nested IF should test if B15 is equal to the shipping option in D41, and if so, then the value in E41 should be used, otherwise the value in E42 should be used. (value listed below)

Cell D40 value = Standard
Cell D41 Value = Express
Cell D42 value = Overnight

Cell E40 Value = $9.50
Cell E41 Value = $14.50
Cell E42 value = $18.50
Try...

C17:

=IF(B15="","",VLOOKUP(B15,$D$40:$E$42,2,0))

Upvote 0
it doesn't work.
it returns the value of Express, but not value of Standard and Overnight cell.

Upvote 0
it doesn't work.
it returns the value of Express, but not value of Standard and Overnight cell.

If B15 houses Overnight...

=IF(B15="","",VLOOKUP(B15,$D$40:$E$42,2,0))

should return: 18.50, given the table in D40:E42...

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 96pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=128><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 48pt" span=2 width=64><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 14.4pt" height=19><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 48pt; HEIGHT: 14.4pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63 height=19 width=64>Standard</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl64 width=64 align=right>$9.50 </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 14.4pt" height=19><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 14.4pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63 height=19>Express</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl64 align=right>$14.50 </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 14.4pt" height=19><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 14.4pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63 height=19>Overnight</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl64 align=right>$18.50 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Upvote 0
Okay, it returns the value of Express and Overnight right , but returns #N/A for Standard.
Am I doing something wrong.

How can I show the excel page here where I am entering this formula.

Monica

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Okay deleted all the cells in the table d40:de42 and re-entered them. It works.

Great work. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back