Nested IF functions help

vkaratzas

Hi there! I'm a newbie on the forum and quite exctied to be part of the community. I'm having some trouble with a nested IF function in my spreadsheet. There are a few different parameters I'm attempting to incorporate, and there seems to be a problem somewhere. I'm no expert, so any help to resolve this would be appreciated.

Here it is: =IF(A3="SUBMITTED",IF(ISBLANK(AJ3)," ",(DATEDIF(AJ3,AL3,"D"))),IF(A3="PENDING",IF(ISBLANK(AJ3)," ",
(DATEDIF(AJ3,AL3,"D"))), IF(ISBLANK(AL3),(DATEDIF(AJ3,TODAY(),"d"))," ")))

A little background - I am trying to find the dates between two columns; however, I would like only two categories to be considered, submitted and pending, which are part of column A. Col AJ is the start date and AL is the end date. Furthermore, there are instances where AJ might be blank; for those rows, I'd like the cell to stay blank. When AL is blank, I'd like excel to consider today's date. And again, these parameters are only for the two categories mentioned above, all others should be ignored or left blank.

Hope that makes sense. Thanks so much !

Best,
-V

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
I think this does it??

=IF(AJ3="","",IF(OR(A3="SUBMITTED",A3="PENDING"),IF(AL3="",TODAY()-AJ3,AL3-AJ3),""))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back