Need to supress popups and error messages

johnawebbhsd

I have a module that is running several macro's, which in turn are running table-select queries. These queries generate pop-up messages before creating overwriteing etc... I need this module to run at a particular time with no human action.

Does anyone know short code to 1 supress messages and 2 allow module to run at XX:XX time of day?

Thanks for all of the help.....

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
I have this feeling this is an incomplete list but:

Under Tools-Options-Edit/Find you can find check boxes to turn off some confirmations for action's. You can turn off updates to forms or even the screen for any MS application.

This does it for an xls Workbook for example...it's commonly used at the beginning of a procedure and turned back on at the end with an = True

Application.ActiveWorkbook.ScreenUpdating = False

Unfortunately, that I know of, Access does not have any time based batching capabilities, unlike a product such as SQL. The closest you're going to get would be to use MSTask to open a MDB that as it's startup action it executes a form and/or procedure via a form.

There are a few examples of doing this out there that I've found, but I've never gotten past the research stage of investigation.

Try here:
http://www.mvps.org/access/

Mike

Upvote 0
Forms have a Timer event that can be used to run code/macros. the form has to be open to work but does not have to be visible. If you look up "Timer Event" in help you should be able to find examples of how to do this.

You can use
DoCmd.SetWarnings False/True
to turn warnings on and of from code, this is preferable to pemantly turning them off from otions, Warning can be usefull at times :biggrin:

If you are running long queries you may also find
DoCmd.Hourglass True/False
useful as well

HTH

Peter

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziMacca

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back