Need to see duplicate data in my pivot table

RebEllis

I have a spread sheet of medical information, what my insurance covered, and what I will have to pay. There are several recurring amounts that have different dates, but I can't get my pivot table to show the separate entries - it only shows one entry per billed amount. Is there a way to have it show all the entries?

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Hi and Welcome to the Board,

One of the primary functions of a PivotTable is to summarize and combine records that have the same criteria.

If you want to see each record on a separate line, you might not need a PivotTable. You might find it simpler to apply an AutoFilter or Advanced Filter directly to your source data.

If there's some reason you need or want to use a PivotTable, you'll have to display a combination of fields that result in unique combinations for each record that you want to show separately.

For example, if you add the "Date" field to the Row Labels area, then you will get separate Rows for amounts with different dates but matching in other criteria (like service provider).

If you have two amounts with the same date and same provider and you want those both listed separately instead of summed, you'll need to add another field that distinguishes those (perhaps a billing reference number). If no field like that exists that distinguishes similar records, you could add an Item # field to your Source data that gives each item a sequential number (1, 2, 3...). By adding the Item # field to your PivotTable Row Labels, every item in your Source data will show separately.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back