Need Help with Sorting Record Set

Adonald

o_O **** this project for confusing me o_O

OK Folks I know I will sound pretty stupid for this because I've done it before I am just drawing a blank and desprately need help.

I have a form which displays details for the selected record of the form. What I need to do is create a utility of some sort that will allow the user to search through all of the records they have and then display the results accordingly. I also need to create another utility that will allow me to browse through the records by a certain field. The way that I am looking to do this is with an open search field and a command button for the search and a drop-down menu with a command button for the browse. Any help would be more than greatly appreciated due to the fact that I am an intern trying to keep my job while I learn all of this technical stuffs in actual school.

Thanks again for any help.

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
When you mention the search option, will that just be on one field -- or will the field change depending on requirements?
Ditto the Browse option -- do you want to pick a field name from a drop-down and then sort / order by that field?
Also, will there ever be a need to find / filter, followed by a sort?

These details make a difference to the final solution...

Denis

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help!,

The field for the search will be searching just one field and needs to return the results for only it's own field.

As for the browse utility I need to build I need to be able to return all of the records in the table I am using with a certain Criteria from within a field. For example : (I would like to be able to show all of the records in this "dropdown menu" if I chose data field B from Category 2 for the first browse then data field A from Category 1 if I wanted to change the data I was browsing)

Category 1
data field A
data field B
data field C
Category 2
data field A
data field B
data field C

I really hope that this helps to describe what I am looking to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Parlapalli

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back