Need Help Consolidating/Condensing rows together if similar information

Handienak

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Screenshot 2024-07-12 121246.png

This is an example of the issue I am having, so the first three columns have different information, but they would all be the same for the same entry IE #1 having Number 1 and First category, then total vol in the D category and individual places for each volume on the right. I have been trying to condense it so the total volume tab, D would be summed together if they are the same IE row 1,5,6 total volume in D would change to be 80, but fill in the values of X, Y ,Z in according to the volume in each of the categories so now row 2 would read starting at D, 80-25-55-"". Unsure if this is possible I am quite new to Excel I have just been using IF and statements with ISNUMBER and Search before but this is over my head at the moment and I haven't had much luck trying to use the Consolidate feature. If anything is unclear let me know and I will try and explain.

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Would combining UNIQUE and SUMIFS do what you need? When you put UNIQUE in eg. I2, then:

Excel Formula:
=UNIQUE(A2:C8)

Excel Formula:
=SUMIFS(D$2:D$8,$A$2:$A$8,$I$2:$I$5,$B$2:$B$8,$J$2:$J$5,$C$2:$C$8,$K$2:$K$5)

Upvote 1
Would combining UNIQUE and SUMIFS do what you need? When you put UNIQUE in eg. I2, then:

Excel Formula:
=UNIQUE(A2:C8)

Excel Formula:
=SUMIFS(D$2:D$8,$A$2:$A$8,$I$2:$I$5,$B$2:$B$8,$J$2:$J$5,$C$2:$C$8,$K$2:$K$5)
Going to try that now thanks for the response, I'm relatively new to excel so I had to google these quickly. My only problem is that I have a actual size of 1000 rows which when condensed would probably come down to around 600~. Not sure if that would change the way you would think about it, but I am going to take your advice and try playing around with that for now.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back