Need guidance on starting to use access

mkmed

Hello all,

I am a long time excel user and I am trying to wrap my head around Access for the first time. I want to make a database of collectible sports memorabilia for my collection. Ideally this would include all the details of the item, current market value (would need ability to update this every so often), cost to acquire and for some items a link or embedded photo. I am a noob with Access and am lost. I am leery to use one of the canned templates because the data entry requirements will be huge. I want to do this once and not have to redo my work in the future. Can anyone point me to a website, videos or books to educate myself? I appreciate any and all responses.

Thanks,
Mark

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
Mark,

In addition to the excellent resources mentioned by Alan, here are some free videos to consider:

There is an 8 part Database series by Dr. Daniel Soper that starts here [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z9KEBexzcM]. I recommend you watch #1, #2 and #4. The others may be more useful as you get more database experience.

For VBA Programming there is a series of 70+ videos by Steve Bishop. See the playlist at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYMOUCVo86jEeMMdaaq03jQ_t9nFV737s

Good luck.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt3388

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back