Need a Faster Formula

dguillen

Hey All,

I currently have a formula that works very well except for the fact that it works SLOW. I've read that the COUNTIFS statement works really slow since it has to scan each cell in the Criteria Range even if it finds the Criteria. I've tried reducing the criteria range to stop at 300,000 but it still shows "Calculating (4 processor(s)) xx%. Can this formula be re-written to still provide the same end results? (place an "X" when it finds the criteria in the "Completed Training" sheet)

=IF(COUNTIFS('Completed Training'!$C$1:$C$300000,LOOKUP(C$1,C$1),'Completed Training'!$I$1:$I$300000,"SFUGN020 *") >0, "X", "")

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
sorry..... i see what you mean.... LOOKUP(C$1,C$1) is referring to an employee name that runs across row 1.. C1, D1, E1, etc...

Upvote 0
sorry..... i see what you mean.... LOOKUP(C$1,C$1) is referring to an employee name that runs across row 1.. C1, D1, E1, etc...

Hi,

I don't see the reason for the LOOKUP function, please read: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/LOOKUP-function-446d94af-663b-451d-8251-369d5e3864cb

Why not just:

=IF(COUNTIFS('Completed Training'!$C$1:$C$300000,C1,'Completed Training'!$I$1:$I$300000,"SFUGN020 *") >0, "X", "")
if you're copying this formula down column, and referencing C1, C2, C3, etc.

or

=IF(COUNTIFS('Completed Training'!$C$1:$C$300000,C$1,'Completed Training'!$I$1:$I$300000,"SFUGN020 *") >0, "X", "")
if you're copying this formula across columns, and referencing C1, D1, E1, etc.

Upvote 0
I agree with you jtakw, This formula was first created a few years back with a few different revisions on the workbook. i just removed it and it works perfectly fine. Thanks.

Upvote 0
You're welcome. Glad you worked it out.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekerinik

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back