navigation button help

dbh139

I have a data entry form that was able to add new records up till about a day ago. I don't recall changing any of my properties, however I can no longer enter any new data. Are there multiple properties which control this function? I have already enabled data entry on my form and have tried to do the same on the query that is linked to the data entry form. Where should I look?

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Well, I guess the first and easiest thing to do is to look in the Form's Properties and make sure that "Allow Additions" is set to yes. If it is, then your problem is a bit more complex; check the underlying Recordsource and make sure that it's still updateable. Step through your VBA if you have any. You say you have it enabled for data entry; do you mean that you set the "Data Entry" property to "Yes". That means that you can ONLY add new records and not retrieve any previous records; I imagine that if you set data entry to yes and then told it to movefirst or movelast or something like that, then it would be a bit squirrely.

Upvote 0
I have the "Alllow Additions'' set to yes. I am a little confused where I would locate the "move first" or "move last" properties. . . Do you know where I could locate these?

Upvote 0
Movefirst, MovePrevious, Movenext, Movelast...these are all properties that would've been specified in VBA code. If you were the only one working on this project and didn't write any code relating to these methods, then it wouldn't be in there. But I seriously doubt that that's the problem anyway, the next thing that you should do is check the underlying query or table and make sure that it is still updateable. If it is, then you definitely have something going on with your form and not the actual data.
*edit* Are you able to update data in the form at all or are you just not able to go to a new record via Access's pre-made Navigation buttons? If it's the latter, make sure that "Navigation buttons" is also set to yes in the Properties.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirofa

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back